Illinois State Poetry Society 15th Annual Poetry Contest Rules
- Categories: 1) free verse, 2) formal verse, 3) children’s poetry.
- Prizes $50, $30, $10, Honorable Mention.
- Maximum length: one poem per page.
- Type size 11 pt or higher; no columns.
- Poems in English only.
- Submit two copies of each poem, first copy with ID (name/address/e-mail) and category in upper left hand corner; second copy without ID but with category.
- Entry fee: $5 for up to 3 poems, $1 each additional poem.
Members of ISPS: $3 up to 5 poems, $1 each additional poem.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted but no previously published work.
- Poems are not returned.
- One “out of state” judge per category.
- Submissions: send via postal mail to Marvin Young, ISPS Poetry Contest Chair, 2382 Kildeer Street , Woodridge , Illinois 60517 .
- Deadline: must be postmarked by September 30, 2008.