The Algonquin Area Writers Group blog our communication tool for our members. Any member can post comments, updates, news and critique requests to this site.
- Create a WordPress ID. WordPress is the blogging platform we use to for the AAWG blog. Go to the site http://www.wordpress.com.
- Click on the orange oval shaped button on the right hand side that says “Sign Up Now”
- If you do not want to start an actual blog ( I am assuming you don’t at this time) then click on the blue hyperlink “Sign up for just a username” that is just below the user ID box.
- Enter the necessary info: A user name, password and e-mail address.
- WordPress will then send you an e-mail through which you will activate your account. Follow the steps in the e-mail.
- NOTE: You can put as much or as little info about yourself connected to your user ID. Some people write a lot about themselves and have a photo. You’ll see an option to update your profile, which you can do at your leisure or pending your interest.
- Send an email to Algonquin Area Writers Group <algonquinwriters(at)gmail.com> requesting access to the blog. Include the email address you used when creating your WordPress ID. Our moderators will set up your ID on our site.
- Log on to our site at https://aawg.wordpress.com/. Look for the log in link in the lower right sidebar.
- Create posts and share your news.